Sunday, January 13, 2013

My Treasures from Kathmandu

A friend and I travelled to Kathmandu in Nepal, to soak up some wonderful, raw culture and eat some delicious food, I had a feeling that I would find some beautiful jewellery there too and knew that gems were plentiful but I was not prepared for the abundance of gems and amazing jewellery!

Each little street and alley way we walked down was lined with funny little shops and jewellers with the most amazing array of jewellery and gemstones, however, my favourite place were the markets with their mix of antique and newer designs... I could have spent all day there. I found some amazing pieces that I will treasure forever!

The detailed carving in this stunning cuff, is just so pretty and just so beautiful. I also love the turquoise stone in the centre of this gorgeous silver cuff. With Nepal bordering both India and China, the jewellery reflects both cultures design, so gorgeous.


I also found this pendant and ring on one of the cluttered market stalls. I loved hunting through and finding these little treasures! Their intricate and pretty designs make them so precious to me.


It was also so fascinating to see the workshop dotted around where they actually made the jewellery, I felt so lucky to witness it actually being made by local, talented artisans.

A Nepalese jeweller at work.


One of the many gem shops that captivated me x


My friend at one of the market stalls playing a local Nepalese board game.

No comments:

Post a Comment