Sunday, November 3, 2013

Frida Kahlo

I've just watched the film, again. I love the film, in part for the terrible but triumphant story of her life and in part because I love the cinematography, the colours, the style, the art, the flowers and the inspiration. When I think of Frida Kahlo, from a visual point of view, I think of roses and her eyebrows but this time I also really noticed all her jewellery. Multiple rings, in silver, sometimes with turquoise. Gorgeous, dangling earrings, heavy but pretty necklaces, bangles adorning her arms. This lady knew how to wear jewellery!


Like my beloved Indian jewellery, Mexican jewellery is so intricate and beautiful, it is exotic, colorful, strong and feminine. For me Mexican jewellery seems to represent Frida Kahlo and all the Mexican women I have met. So intricately put together, strong and beautiful, inspirational, sexy, pretty, varied and very Mexican.

 
I love this photograph of her, look at all those rings!
 
Below is a picture of Frida, alongside one of Salma Hayek, who played her so beautifully in the film.

 
What an amazing picture this is, I love her armful of bangles! 
 
 
Look at those stunning earrings and that strong but beautiful necklace.

 
A woman who portrays strength, femininity and beauty.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment