Monday, November 25, 2013

The Beauty of Nature at CoutureLab

Nature's beauty is captured by one of nature's other beauties, gem stones, in a breath taking exhibition at CoutureLab. Highly desirable and exquisite pieces by Lotus Arts de Vivre and Lydia Courteille have been delightfully put on display for us all to see. The pieces are so skillfully crafted depicting a true love of jewellery, gem stones and the art of jewellery design and craftsmanship.

The Daily Mail have written a piece on the exhibition, I especially love their honouring of Tsavorite. I agree with everything that is said about this precious garnet and it's mystical colour. How wonderful that a gem that is so vibrant with green is used to create these pieces inspired by nature. To me all gem stones are precious, none of them semi-precious. However, I do feel a tinge of jealousy when certain ones are marketed to the mass audience, I want to keep them and their beauty to myself, almost like a beautiful and secret holiday spot that has yet to be ruined and over priced by the mass market.

In all honesty, I had not heard of either designer before reading this article, however, I am now enthralled by them and want to learn more.

Here are some of the stunning pieces on show:






 
I know, simply spectacular. I love the travel and passion that seems to be behind each piece.
 
Here is the link to CoutureLab and the exhibition itself, http://www.couturelab.com/?gclid=CNnqydyR_7oCFfLHtAodRxoA5Q. I'm not in London, so can't visit but you must, if you are there!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment