Thursday, December 27, 2012

New Love - Opium

I met with my lovely friend Antonia for lunch today, who also shares my absolute love of gemstones and jewellery. I have blogged about her jewellery designs before. Well today, she had on the most beautiful pair of blue drop earrings which I instantly asked her about. Antonia informed me that they were from a favourite shop of hers on the Kings Road in London - Opium.

So back at my desk I decided that I needed to google Opium and find out more about it. Antonia having the gorgeous taste that she does was not wrong. I adore the concept of this shop and love the pieces its owner brings back to London from India, furniture and kaftans, textiles and of course beautiful jewellery. You must have a look at her website: http://www.opiumshop.co.uk/jewellery-8-c.asp

Reading more about the shops owner, Tracy Kitching, I discovered that she designs the jewellery herself - what wonderful designs she has and oh how I would love to live her life. This is her blurb on her jewellery designs:

"India, and particularly Jaipur, is famous for its wealth of semi-precious stones and jewellery ateliers. Inspired by these fabulous jewels and the beautiful antique tribal and Mughal pieces sourced on her travels, Tracy began designing a small collection for the shop. This was an immediate success and over the past 10 years, her unique jewellery designs have become a signature of Opium and are much in demand. The emphasis is on delicately cut stones with fabulous clarity and colour at affordable prices.  As part of her collection, she chooses semi-precious stones to mirror precious stones...kyanite for a blue sapphire look, green onyx for emerald and treated spinel to give the blue-black lustre of black diamonds. Many of her necklace and bracelet designs are created using healing stones and antique Hindu & Buddha pendants to bring protection and good fortune to the wearer, with no two pieces the same. Tracy particularly favours tourmalines, rubies, moonstone, laboradite, kyanite, blue opal and silver diamonds and is constantly adding new stones and varying subtleties of colour to her range. Tracy designs a range in both 18 carat gold and in 18 carat micron plated gold."
This is what I would love to do one day. Here are some of her beautiful pieces of jewellery.

Beautiful colours and designs, I will certainly be visiting Opium when I'm back in London.


Dreamy


Exquisite!




So beautiful and simple, look how these beautiful little green onyx briolette's make a beautiful piece of jewellery, stunning.


I love this and am sure I would never take it off.


So pretty and so special.

No comments:

Post a Comment