Monday, December 24, 2012

Ripe Market - Two in the Bush

The Ripe Market is one of Dubai's many pleasures on a Saturday, I love visiting and seeing the organic food stalls and clothes stalls but my favorite thing are the jewellery stalls. Dubai is abundant with all kinds of wonderful jewellery, as I have mentioned quite a bit.

This week I went and visited, as my friend Becky had told me about a fascinating man she had met the week before. Mark runs a jewellery company called Two in the Bush with his wife, they are from Kenya and source only African stones and then bring them to Dubai to sell. Previously Mark ran a safari tour business but transitioned into the gemstone business quite by accident. I loved talking to him because he is so knowledgeable and has such a passion for the gems. I especially love his Tanzanites!

If you want to buy in Dubai I think he is the man to see.

 This is the chap himself, with his wife. Such an interesting life that they live!


A selection of their gems, so beautiful!


This is a real uncut ruby, how stunning, loving that colour xx


The Tanzanites, I loved the one on the far right!


More of their designs.

Some of their stones - they look like sweets x



No comments:

Post a Comment